*Call for Papers in Special Session*
BackgroundGlobal environment change, climate and landuse and landcover changes are the most significant challenges for water resources management in the 21st century. It has affected all dimensions of natural and managed ecosystems, from food security to water environment. The impacts of these challenges are often complex and interactive and calls for more advance tools and techniques and data for the impact assessment. Currently, development and availability of advanced tools and techniques such as, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Earth Observation Data (EOS), Big Data, Physically-based models help to investigate the impact on groundwater and surface water more accurately compared to the traditional techniques. Therefore, the special session on ‘Advances in Groundwater and Surface Water Impact Investigation and Assessment’ seeks to create a platform to review and present the current state of knowledge regarding the application of advanced tools and technologies in groundwater and surface water resources assessment and management.
The special session welcomes contributions related to the broad theme of advances in groundwater and surface water investigation and impact assessment, but not limited to:
1. Climate change and human activities impact on groundwater and surface water
2. Land use and land cover change impact on groundwater and surface water
3. Application of Big Data and AI in impact investigation and assessment
4. Hydrogeochemistry and modeling for impact assessment
5. Remote sensing, field observation and combined use of multiple technologies
6. Surface water and groundwater interactions
7. Risk assessment in groundwater and surface water
The selected papers will be considered for the special issue ‘Advances in Groundwater and Surface Water Impact Investigation and Assessment’ in journal Science of The Total Environment.
Manuscript submission: 28 February, 2019. Please prepare the manuscript not exceeding 7500 words. Please refer to the author guideline to prepare the manuscript: